Saidu joined DeLeon & Stang in 2018 and currently serves as a staff accountant in the firm’s Business Services Department. He specializes in providing general accounting and tax work for small- and medium-sized businesses. Saidu began working in the accounting industry in 2004 and most recently held the position of staff accountant with Monarch CPA Services.
A consistent and reliable professional, Saidu’s personal service philosophy is “laboramus expectantis!”, which is Latin for “labor and expect!” He attributes his career success to resilience and a desire to prove to his children and himself that everything is possible and the sky is the limit when it comes to achieving your full potential. Saidu was inspired to study accounting by his late uncle.
Born and raised in Freetown, Sierra Leone, Saidu came to the US in 1990 and currently resides in Silver Spring, Maryland. He has three children, Hashim Jr. (26), Sadia (13), and Sophia (11). Saidu is an avid sports fan—his favorite soccer team is Liverpool and his favorite baseball team is the Braves. He also enjoys listening to music and dancing.
- University of Maryland – University College Alumni Association
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting (2004)
- University of Maryland – University College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (2013)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and Financial Management (2016)