Rich Stang is a founding partner of DeLeon & Stang. His specialties include corporate and individual tax issues and planning, estate, investment management and insurance advisory services for businesses and individuals.
With over 30 years’ experience in public accounting, Rich assists businesses with development and implementation of accounting systems, budgets and financial statements. He consults with businesses in the areas of financial planning, tax planning, computer systems and software.
Rich’s previous experience with several large not-for-profit trade associations in various financial positions has given him valuable insight into helping his clients with their issues.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Estate Administrator
- AICPA Accredited in Business Valuation
- Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia Insurance Licenses
- Series 6 and Series 65 Securities Registrations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI)
- Community Ties, Inc.
- Corporate Volunteer Council of Montgomery County (CVC)
- Board Member
- Montgomery County Community Council
- Maryland Task Force for Common Ownership Communities
- The Asbury Foundation
- Board Member
- Frostburg State University—BBS, Accounting
Rich has assisted businesses in the development and implementation of accounting systems, budgets and financial statements. He consults with businesses in the areas of tax and financial strategies. Rich’s capabilities include:
- Financial statement preparation and review for businesses in a wide variety of fields
- Tax and information return preparation
- Tax and specialized business improvement planning
Rich has prepared hundreds of individual tax returns dealing with all types of tax issues. He also provides innovative tax planning alternatives that help you keep more of what you make. Rich’s capabilities include:
- Tax return preparation and review
- Estate and gift tax returns for individuals
- Tax planning alternatives
- IRS and state audit representation
Rich has worked with a number of clients to help them develop and work toward their financial goals. He focuses on working with clients to define what “success” means to them and then offers guidance to help them increase their potential and financial well-being.