Dan joined DeLeon & Stang in 2012 and currently serves as partner and the head of the firm’s tax department. He provides tax compliance and accounting services and specializes in assisting professionals, entrepreneurs, individuals and other small businesses with their tax compliance and accounting needs. He also provides litigation support services related to business valuation and family law matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan worked at Regardie, Brooks & Lewis for 15 years as a Tax/Accounting Shareholder. He also worked at Snyder Cohn as a Tax Senior Manager and most recently held the position of Tax Manager at Squire, Lemkin + Company.
Dan was drawn to a career in accounting because it incorporated all the major business disciplines; he has remained in the industry because he enjoys working with and maintaining relationships with a variety of clients. He has learned over the years that developing personal relationships with clients is the first step to achieving future financial success. He has a vested interest in each and every one of his clients, giving them the undivided attention they deserve.
Dan grew up in Potomac, Maryland, but now resides in Gaithersburg with his wife and children. His hobbies include sports, cars and spending time at the beach.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Society of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- City of Gaithersburg
- Economic and Business Development Committee
- Rotary Club of Gaithersburg
- Rotary District 7620
- Finance Committee Member
- Graduate of The Partner Institute
- University of Maryland – College Park
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting